Had I not posted several semi-relevant tunes last night, and had I had more time, then tonight’s playlist would probably have been on a Bye Bye Boris theme.
But I did, I don’t and so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
And instead of me revisiting playlists of old, trying to find one to whittle down into one-hour segments, here’s a completely new one for you.
This week, we kick off with a nostalgic trip back to school days care of The Darkness, followed by a whole bunch of really rather great indie tunes, stopping off at The Stone Roses, Wet Leg, Sisters of Mercy, calling in on long-forgotten gems by The Whip, Danielle Dax, Pale Saints and Adorable, before reaching our final destination and a quite beautiful and rousing climax courtesy of Gene.
And, as the voice-over guy on adverts used to say when they couldn’t be bothered with listing everything: much, much more.
Here comes the disclaimer: any skips or jumps are down to the mixing software; any mis-timed mixes are down to me; all record selections are mine, all mine, you hear me?
Friday Night Music Club Vol 11
And here’s your track-listing:
- The Darkness – Friday Night
- The Stone Roses – She Bangs The Drums
- Wet Leg – Chaise Longue
- Dry Cleaning – Scratchcard Lanyard
- Ladytron – Seventeen (Soulwax Mix)
- The Whip – Trash
- The Sisters Of Mercy – Lucretia My Reflection
- Danielle Dax – Cat-House
- Pale Saints – Time Thief (Peel Session)
- Adorable – Favourite Fallen Idol
- Arctic Monkeys – Brianstorm
- Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine – Rubbish
- Art Brut – Direct Hit
- The Cure – Just Like Heaven
- James – Just Like Fred Astaire
- Gene – Olympian (Album Version)
That’s yer lot ’til next week.