Here we are again, and this week, as ‘promised’ a completely new mix for your Friday Night enjoyment.
Not much to say about this one (man alive, I know how to pitch!), except to say that after the first track, it goes a little bit Radio 2 for a few songs (which is no bad thing in my book), before diving head-long into a right old Indie disco, starting off over in the USA (and mostly New York) before switching to some tunes which are unmistakeably British, along with a rip-roaring final track to bring matters to a close.
Here comes the disclaimer: any skips or jumps are down to the mixing software (there’s one biggie in the first tune, but other than that it seems to have behaved itself this time); any mis-timed mixes are down to me; all record selections are mine.
And here’s your track-listing:
- The Jesus & Mary Chain – Darklands
- Eagle-Eye Cherry – Save Tonight
- The Pretenders – Back on the Chain Gang
- Electric Light Orchestra – Sweet Talkin’ Woman
- Eagles – Take It Easy
- The Lemonheads – You Can Take It With You
- The Wedding Present – Go-Go Dancer
- Redd Kross – How Much More
- The Go-Go’s – Beatnik Beach
- Ramones – Rockaway Beach
- Kings of Leon – The Bucket
- Weezer – Hash Pipe
- Interpol – Slow Hands
- The Strokes – Reptilia
- Fountains of Wayne – Radiation Vibe
- David Devant & His Spirit Wife – Ginger
- Cud – One Giant Love
- Status Quo – Mystery Song (album version)
Long-term readers should not read anything into the inclusion of the third tune. It’s not coming back.