And we’re back, with the latest part of the first of the way too long mixes I did at the start of the series, and which I’m in the process of splitting down into much more easy to swallow hour-long chunks.
This one was an absolute joy to revisit, although I jiggled around with the running order a little and ditched one track from the initial mix for another, it was enormous fun to put together this 58 1/2 minute long mix of 16 songs, ranging from spiky indie guitar tunes to some skater punk to the 1970s New York punk scene and then to some Emo and some Goth – all absolute bangers in my humble opinion:
Friday Night Music Club Vol 1.3
- Gang Of Four – I Found That Essence Rare
- The Fall – Dead Beat Descendant
- Maxïmo Park – Our Velocity
- Super Furry Animals – God! Show Me Magic
- Sports Team – Here’s The Thing
- Elastica – Stutter
- Sum 41 – In Too Deep
- Good Charlotte – Girls & Boys
- My Chemical Romance – Teenagers
- Ramones – Beat On The Brat
- Iggy Pop – The Passenger
- Blondie – (I’m Always Touched By Your) Presence Dear
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – Hong Kong Garden
- The Sisters Of Mercy – This Corrosion
- The Rapture – House of Jealous Lovers
- Interpol – Mammoth (Erol Alkan Rework)
A quick reminder: any skips or jumps are down to the mixing software; any mis-timed mixes are down to me; all record selections are mine.
Hope you enjoy, see you back here this time next week.