A little later than usual this week, not that I think anyone actually listens to these on a Friday Night.
My apologies for that, and for the lack of much preamble or sleeve-notes this week. I will explain why at some point over the weekend.
All I will say is that this week, it’s guitars all the way, with some 70s, 80s and 90s classics, a couple of jokes in the running order, and a few tunes you’ll either have never heard before or will have not heard for so long you’ve forgotten all about. With good reason, some might say.
And no need for my usual admin disclaimer about any mixing gaffes, since this week the cross-fader stayed resolutely here again:
(I’ll be honest, I’ve not had chance to listen to this one; if there’s loads of skips and jumps I’ll redo it, and remove this sentence).
So, we’ll dive straight in – here’s this week’s mix for you:
Friday Night Music Club Vol 16
- The Jam – Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
- Elvis Costello & The Attractions – Pump It Up
- The Boomtown Rats – Rat Trap
- The Beat – Mirror In The Bathroom
- The Look – I Am The Beat
- Idlewild – When I Argue I See Shapes
- Symposium – Farewell To Twilight
- Shed 7 – She Left Me On Friday
- The Rezillos – Top Of The Pops
- Buzzcocks – I Don’t Mind
- The Undertones – My Perfect Cousin
- King Kurt – Destination Zululand
- Tenpole Tudor – Swords of a Thousand Men
- Salad – Drink The Elixir
- Shocking Blue – Send Me A Postcard Darling
- Orange Juice – Felicity
- My Life Story – Strumpet
- Super Furry Animals – Play It Cool
- Belly – Now They’ll Sleep