I had to travel into the office in London today; on the way home, I checked to see what time I had scheduled tonight’s post for, only to find that, to my horror, I hadn’t written it last weekend as I thought I had.
So, I’m afraid this week, there’s no sleeve notes or tediously long preamble, because I’ve messed up and I don’t have time. Besides, you know how this works by now: it’s an hour of tunes, starting off slowly, some (hopefully) unexpected selections, the occasional link between songs (some more obvious than others), reintroducing some long-forgotten old buddies and throwing in more than one banger.
Which is a shame, because tonight is the 21st edition of Friday Night Music Club (if you ignore all of the additonal mixes) and I had wanted to mark the occasion appropriately, but that will have to keep for the next milestone, I guess.
That’ll have to do.
So, here’s this week’s mixed bag of genre-jumping mixedness. I hope you enjoy it:
Friday Night Music Club Vol 21
And here’s your track-listing:
- The Stone Roses – Made of Stone
- Aztec Camera – This Boy Wonders
- It’s Immaterial – Ed’s Funky Diner
- Talking Heads – And She Was
- Ofra Haza – Im Nin’Alu
- The Sisters of Mercy – Temple of Love (1992)
- The Cult – Nirvana
- Nirvana – Lounge Act
- Beastie Boys – Sure Shot
- Dream Warriors – Wash Your Face in My Sink
- Missy Elliott – Work It
- Audio Bullys Featuring Nancy Sinatra – Shot You Down (Radio Edit)
- Deep Dish – Flashdance (Original Club Mix)
- The Source Featuring Candi Station – You’ve Got the Love (Original Mix)
Oops. Probably should have stuck one of these in erlier:
More (done properly, hopefully) soon.