I mentioned last week that I had prepared and stockpiled several mixes whilst I was away, and it turns out this was quite fortuitous, as I’ve had a few technical issues with iTunes and the DJ mixing app I use, which I haven’t been able to fully resolve yet (and which I won’t bore you with here). I mention it now merely as apology for the absence of any posts this week.
I also mentioned last week that some of the mixes needed “…need a bit of tweaking…” and when I managed to listen back to them all, it transpires that there was something about a lot of them that I wasn’t entirely happy with, be that the running order or the song choices.
Also, having (finally) returned to work last week, albeit on a phased return/reduced hours, and working from home, I haven’t quite got the work/home ratio quite right yet. When logging off my work laptop, the last thing I then felt like doing was cranking up my own one and starting all over again.
But enough about my own woes; what I’m trying to say is this: this week we have a playlist which wasn’t planned to be posted for several weeks, but hey ho, here we are.
Anyway, it’s the usual mix of indie tunes and pop songs either fondly remembered or pretty much forgotten (with good reason, some might say) that you’ve come to know and, in some instances, if not love then quite like.
Friday Night Music Club Vol 27
And here’s your tracklisting, but no sleeve notes this week, I’m afraid:
- Teenage Fanclub – Dumb Dumb Dumb
- Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
- The Monochrome Set – Jacob’s Ladder
- The Farmer’s Boys – In The Country
- The Housemartins – Me and The Farmer
- The Byrds – I’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better
- The Weather Prophets – Hollow Heart
- Inspiral Carpets – Commercial Rain
- The Fall – Hit The North Pt 1
- Chumbawamba & Credit to the Nation – Hear No Bullshit (On Fire Mix)
- Major Lazer feat. Mr Evil & Mapei – Mary Jane
- Groove Armada – Purple Haze (Edit)
- The Go-Go’s – We Got the Beat
- Bruce Springsteen – Cover Me
- Patti Smith Group – Because the Night
- Natalie Cole – Pink Cadillac
- Paula Abdul – Opposites Attract
- The Carpenters – We’ve Only Just Begun
Yes we have. But we’ve also finished for another week.